Idea challenge part 5
In modern society, education is paramount to social mobility.
Even in the developing world, education can often (though not always) provide a ladder out of poverty.
However, in the US, the education level of the general population is poor for a nation of our resources.
Some 40% of high school students in the United States are not proficient in math.
That’s sad and needs attention, and it is not just a funding issue.
In no particular order, here are 10 ideas to help improve education:
- Affordable tutoring programs
- Affordable preschools
- Expanding successful charter schools
- Rewarding teachers for performance rather than tenure
- Programs to teach parents to do better at home
- Improved civic programs
- Teaching financial education
- Expanded vocation training
- Internships for high school students
What are your 10 ideas for education?
Best of luck,
Founder, Building Arks